Subject:Posting locations of owls...
From:[log in to unmask]
Date:Thu, 3 Nov 2011 11:46:49 -0400

To any who cares to respond....I'm wondering why it's acceptable and praised to post locations
of an out of range bird that may or may not be stressed due to being in a possibly challenging
climate, (Tropical Kingbird in Duluth for example), but worriesome to post locations of owls?
Is it "ethical" to support increased carbon footprints being left all over the state so a person
can pad their state list?  I don't know, but... this seems like some type of double standard to me.
I do not have an issue with anyone posting locations of rarities or owls, but the seemingly
double standard perplexes me...?
Regards and feedback appreciated,
Shawn Zierman.