Subject:Black Scoter at Lake Osakis
From:John P. Ellis
Date:Sat, 19 Nov 2011 20:27:35 -0600

     Saw a Black Scoter this AM from about 9-10 at the town end of the
lake. I first saw it from the public landing in town straight out from the
city park. It was out from about 4th to 6th when I first saw it and it was
foraging to the east. It ended up over near the cemetary at the Todd County
end of town (8th Avenue E is the boundary in town.) Later in the afternoon
I failed to turn it up again but there was snow and the winds were much
stronger so I could not see out very far onto the lake. There were other
divers on the east side of Lake Osakis but not really large numbers.   John
Ellis- St. Paul