Subject:Sherburne County - White-winged Crosbill
From:Peter J. Makousky
Date:Sun, 20 Nov 2011 16:08:52 -0600

Going off an earlier post from Pastor Al regarding White-winged Crossbill at
Blue Hill Trail, I decided to give it a try.

Yesterday I was denied, (due in part to bad weather), a Golden Eagle with
the Wabasha Golden Eagle group.

Today, however, I had great success. Taking Blue Hill Trail just as the
trail turns left and the conifers join, I was greeted by 2 White-winged
Crossbills atop a White Spruce. They were easy to locate, but maybe I was
just lucky.

Also, the spot where I saw them is easy to find. You can't miss where the
conifers join, it's just that obvious.

I also need to thank Betsy Beneke for introducing me to MOU and being a huge
networking source for me.

Pete Makousky

Anoka, MN