From:Carl Greiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 20 Nov 2011 23:04:33 -0600

Who is going to tally the next new species on the CBC? I think we will add a
new species to the list this year. Will it be you that finds this rarity?
You have to participate to find out.

There has never been a Couch's or Tropical Kingbird on the Minnesota CBC.
One was seen this month in St. Louis County

There has never been a Summer Tanager on the Minnesota CBC. One is still
being seen in Washington County.

There has never been a Scott's Oriole on the Minnesota CBC. One was seen
last month in Cook County.

There has never been a Secretary Bird seen in Minnesota and there probably
never will.

In 23 days, the 2011 Christmas Bird Count officially begins. It is a chance
for you to have some fun, get out of the house, contribute to the science of
ornithology, help drive conservation initiatives, and set an example for the
advancement of knowledge in all areas of science.

To help, contact your local Audubon Chapter, the MOU CBC Coordinator, Carl
Greiner at (507) 271-8286, or visit the MOU CBC website at for more information or to sign up.

Carl Greiner

Audubon Society Minnesota Regional CBC Editor

M.O.U CBC Coordinator

1616 Hill St. S.W.

Chatfield, MN. 55923

507-271-8286 <>