Subject:Re: Birding Request
From:Larry Sirvio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 3 Nov 2011 12:54:58 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fr. Paul Kammen" <fr.paul@DELANOCATHOLIC.COM>
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: [mou-net] Birding Request

While I can understand the importance of protecting habitat, one of the
reasons I subscribe to this list is to hear from other birders where
might be found to view and photograph various birds. Last winter, a poster
kindly let us know a northern saw-whet owl was in his yard; I showed up and
other photographers were there as well and everyone was respectful.

I would hope that most people on this list are respectful of property and
this past summer the location of the grosbeaks was reported, as was the
location of Whooping Cranes and I appreciated that. For me, it's helpful to
know where birds are, and I'm especially fond of owls, and would love to
to a spot, and take pictures from a distance. It would be rather frustrating
have someone just say they found an owl or bird at a particular park -
frankly I
don't know what the point would be of posting that at all if no one else
enjoy it. The Purple Sandpiper was a great example of the exact location
noted, the bird being found and enjoyed.

So, my hope is in coming months the updates continue on where to find
birds from snow buntings to waxwings to owls and that the folks on this list
enjoy seeing these beautiful feathered friends.

Just my two cents,
Fr. Paul