Subject:Fwd: L. Calhoun Long-tailed Duck
From:linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 26 Nov 2011 14:45:10 -0600

The duck was still present shortly after noon, in the SW corner of the
lake. Leslie Marcus had told us it had been hanging around the dock,
though we did not at first see it. We all headed north along the west
shore, where we found the Horned Grebe. Then Leslie spotted the duck
diving repeatedly just to the north of the dock and came to get us;
apparently the dock had blocked our view from the south shore. We all
re-found it, but it was spending far more time under than on the
water. (We didn't happen to see the two loons, which I had seen
yesterday; maybe they were underwater a lot, too.)
(Thanks, Leslie, for helping us get this FOY duck---and Bob, whose
post gave us the impetus to try again!)

Linda Whyte

Linda Whyte