Subject:Townsend’s Solitaire at Carpenter Nature Center, Washington Co
From:John Zakelj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 27 Nov 2011 18:48:03 -0600

Around 3:30 Sunday, my wife Bonnie and I went to Carpenter Nature
Center, hoping to see the Summer Tanager.  We did not find the
tanager, but we were pleasantly surprised by a Townsend’s Solitaire.
Bonnie spotted it in a tree near the Bluff Trail.  As we walked the Bluff
Trail, it took short flights ahead of us, usually landing in the low
branches next to or over the trail and sometimes dropping down to the
trail.  It let us have some nice clear looks and reminded us of the
Solitaires we saw in the California mountains.

John Zakelj