Subject:Deceased Minnesota birders
From:Manley Olson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:42:40 -0600

Each year at the MOU paper session we pause to remember  those birders
who have made their final migration since our last meeting. We recognize
all birders, not just MOU members.

I and several others try to monitor obits. We probably cover the Twin
Cities papers fairly well but certainly miss others from across the
state. If you are aware of birders who died since last December 1,
please let me know. Please include name, hometown, age and other
pertinent information you may have. Please do not assume that others
have already reported it. We would rather get multiple reports than miss
someone.

I have received many more reports this year. This may be because birders
are aging or it may be that more folks are sending in names. Most of the
names we get are not MOU members but are folks to whom birds were
important enough in their lives that it was noted in their obit.

The MOU meeting is Saturday, December 3. Please get names to me by
Friday, December 2.

Thanks for your help.
Manley Olson
(651) 644-2848