Subject:Snowy Owls Morrison County
From:Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 28 Nov 2011 17:29:31 -0600

The bird that is between Royalton and Bowlus is still on site and hanging out in
the Cty road 26 and 160th ave intersection area West of hwy 10. Denny and Barb
Martin relocated it yesterday and it is there today. I think this is 6 days now. The
bird will sit on the telephone poles, irrigation pipes and the feed storage tanks at
Royal Farms. Good and safe viewing on 160th ave North and South. Can also
catch bird in Benton County sometimes as it flies South to the chicken barns.
Don't go into the fields or in the Royal Farms complex.

I located another bird North of this area. Go towards Little Falls on Hwy 10 and
turn left on 103rd Street. Go down a half mile and bird is usually hanging out on
either side of road. This bird is a mature adult whereas the Royalton bird is a
juvenile. View the bird from the dirt road and please stay off the private property.
This bird has also been around the area for awhile and may Winter out.

Checking on another sighting and will get back if it proves fruitful.  Seems like a
banner year for Snowy's.

Frank Gosiak   Little Falls  in Morrison County.