Subject:Three Townsend's Solitaires
From:Al Schirmacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 29 Nov 2011 08:48:09 -0600

Three Townsend's Solitaires were present at Ann Lake/Sand Dunes this morning, chasing/romping with each other.

I walked the area for half an hour without success this morning, then noted one in the bare trees as I was leaving.  One quickly became three.

Take 169 to Sherburne 4, 4 west to 5, head south until 4 continues west - head east instead on the dirt road.  Park in the first small parking lot on the right, scan the trees west of you, walk the fields - they do like to perch on the tops of trees.

Ann Lake is known for northern & western species from now until mid-January or so:  Bohemians, Crossbills, BB Woodpeckers, Grosbeaks, etc.  Believe this is the 8th consecutive year for Solitaires.

Al Schirmacher