Subject:GRASSHOPPER SPARROW by the French River (just up-shore from Duluth)
From:Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Nov 2011 13:25:41 -0600

While walking northeast along Scenic Hwy 61 (just a few minutes up the
North Shore from Duluth), I came across & photographed a beautiful
GRASSHOPPER SPARROW flitting low through the Balsams and dried grasses that
are between the road and the shoreline. The bird was observed about 1/2
mile south of the French River, on the lake-side of Scenic Highway 61. If
you're facing the lake with the intersection of Pine Tree Rd at your back,
you're in the right vicinity.

I am very excited to post pictures of this pretty little guy. I've been
running out-of-state errands and moving between houses, so uploading
pictures has been very slow. Just wanted to give you a heads up about this
cool bird :-)

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Guided Birdwatching Trips and Bird photography