Subject:Long-tailed Duck not found Hennepin County and Bald Eagle lunch
From:Curt Rawn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 30 Nov 2011 22:15:48 -0600

The Long-tailed Duck was not re-found on Lake Calhoun in Mpls today, however, I did see the Horned Grebe.

At Medicine Lake In Plymouth, I watched a mature Bald Eagle swoop over a raft of what I think were American Coots. They were in a small area of open water and ducked while an Eagle soared over them. Then a second Eagle landed on a Coot and after a minute flew away with it. I drove by the spot where it was having lunch (a Muskrat Den), and watched it plucking feathers from the Coot.

Curt Rawn
Hennepin County, MN