Subject:tufted titmouse in MN
From:Betsy Beneke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 2 Nov 2011 07:51:16 -0700

How far "north" in Minnesota is the tufted titmouse regularly found?  Has anyone seen one north of the metro area?  We have 2 reported sightings at Sherburne, both near the head of the Mahnomen Trail, from 2 & 3 years ago in late spring - nearly the same dates.  These were unverified by staff, but we're wondered if spring birds might be wandering around a little bit from a breeding area just to the south.

Any comments are appreciated.  You can be sure I'll be on the lookout next April/May!

Betsy