Subject:Recent Canal Park gull photos and a blog entry about Hawk Ridge n' more
From:Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 3 Nov 2011 22:33:19 -0500

Close up of a Ring-billed Gull at Canal Park
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/139371803

Here is that darker-marked (oddly-molting) Ring-billed Gull. I really like
this one :-)
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/139371805
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/139371806
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/139371808

There is one Herring Gull at Canal Park that has thrown me off recently. I
believe this is an "American" race Herring Gull, however it's rump,
although barred, was notably paler than the other nearby Herring Gulls'
rumps. It has a pale head, but there have been other 1st-cycle Herring
Gulls with slightly pale heads as well. I am without my gull book yet
again, and going by field guides alone for nitty-gritty identification can
be tricky. Comments and thoughts are welcome! Thanks for any feedback you
can offer.
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/139371792
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/139371794
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/139371796
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/139371798
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/139371800

Due to the busy summer in North Dakota and fall season at Hawk Ridge, I
haven't added any entries to my blog in a while. Here is my newest entry,
in case you're interested! It's about the past season at Hawk Ridge, cool
tidbits & facts, and being thankful.
http://naturallyavian.blogspot.com/2011/11/hawk-ridge-2011.html

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

--
*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Guided Birdwatching Trips and Bird photography
www.pbase.com/birdfedr