Subject:Recent Canal Park gull photos and a blog entry about Hawk Ridge n' more
From:Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 3 Nov 2011 22:33:19 -0500

Close up of a Ring-billed Gull at Canal Park

Here is that darker-marked (oddly-molting) Ring-billed Gull. I really like
this one :-)

There is one Herring Gull at Canal Park that has thrown me off recently. I
believe this is an "American" race Herring Gull, however it's rump,
although barred, was notably paler than the other nearby Herring Gulls'
rumps. It has a pale head, but there have been other 1st-cycle Herring
Gulls with slightly pale heads as well. I am without my gull book yet
again, and going by field guides alone for nitty-gritty identification can
be tricky. Comments and thoughts are welcome! Thanks for any feedback you
can offer.

Due to the busy summer in North Dakota and fall season at Hawk Ridge, I
haven't added any entries to my blog in a while. Here is my newest entry,
in case you're interested! It's about the past season at Hawk Ridge, cool
tidbits & facts, and being thankful.

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Guided Birdwatching Trips and Bird photography