Subject:Withholding info on birds
From:Cheryl Burgmeier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 4 Nov 2011 08:35:26 -0500

I am fairly new to birding and I am finding this debate extremely
educational.  I definitely appreciate the answers to questions being posted
to all to help me learn more.  The information many of you post is common
knowledge for you, but much of it is new to me.  I also hope the experienced
birders will continue posting locations.  I am not at a point yet where I
would drive 2 hours to see a particular bird, but I am interested in
sightings nearby.  I understand the rewards of finding a bird on my own, but
sometimes I don't quite understand the habits or habitat of a particular
bird.  I would certainly appreciate a notification like Joe suggested -
"Newbies: this is a rare and easily disturbed species so please stay on the
road" or "The feeders are on private property so please respect that".

South Washington County