Subject:posting debate
From:Michelle Hed <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 4 Nov 2011 17:48:02 +0000

It has been extremely interesting reading the debate going on these last few days. I just wanted to pipe in and say that I am a 'newbie'. I lurked for a year before joining and contributing. I am also a nature photographer and I take pictures of all things in nature, not just birds. I also write poetry to go with the pictures I take because I find nature so inspiring. I personally would appreciate it if people would post their findings, especially Owl findings. They are so elusive and I so enjoy seeing them in their natural environment.

While I can understand where Mike is coming from, I have felt more in-line with the words of Father Paul. I think deciding to post or not to post should be up to each of us individually. I would love it if you continued to post on ALL birds, owls especially, so I can go and enjoy them in their natural setting and take a few pictures. I'm not interested in baiting an owl or any other bird. That's not natural. Especially if the bird is found along a public road, or etc.

Also, I too find it disappointing and frustrating when people post but forget location. Also, I've noticed that some of you post locations but use abbreviation or acronyms and I have no idea what you are referring to. So for us 'newbies' if you could not abbreviate or use acronyms that would be very much appreciated.

Have a great day!
Michelle Hed
Anoka County