Subject:Re: Posting locations of owls...
From:Fr. Paul Kammen
Date:Fri, 4 Nov 2011 12:51:55 -0500

On Fri, 4 Nov 2011 01:57:22 -0400, scmzd@AOL.COM wrote:

>I do feed mice to owls, and for me, in regards to the way that I go about it, I
have no ethical dillemas.
>I started doing this last year and will continue to do it in the future.  I also
feed seeds to chickadees,
>suet to woodpeckers, potica to crows, and trail mix to gray jays.  I will
continue to do that as well.
>I don't think asking about double standards in regards to posting locations of
owls and posting locations
>of rarities is "ridiculous".

I agree Shawn, and I do think there has been a decent discussion on this;
people will have differing opinions and that's fine. I understand people care
about birds, but I also like this list to get information. I also think it's helpful to
post as I can see why someone wouldn't want 30 e-mails to respond to - so I
don't see how private responses would be better, as unless you can do a
background check on person X e-mailing you it seems to just add more hassle.
If there were an issue about this, I think the DNR would have guidelines and
regulations.

Take care,
Fr. Paul