Subject:Common Redpoll at Carpenter NC
From:Larry Sirvio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 4 Nov 2011 13:50:02 -0500

This week there has been a small flock of common redpolls seen at Carpenter Nature Center (Washington Co). One was banded today. We don't get to band these very often.

I seem to remember a few years ago we had some coming to a feeder all winter but never banded one.

I guess they like thistle so we'll have to bait the ground traps with thistle.

Larry S