Subject:Hawk Ridge this morning - with pictures
From:Erik Bruhnke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 4 Nov 2011 15:37:47 -0500

I visited Hawk Ridge for about two hours this morning, and did not see any
raptors "early" in the day (between 9am and 11am). Raptor migration tends
to be more focused in late morning and the early/mid afternoon hours as the
raptor migration comes to a close in late November. There were some fun
songbirds moving through this morning. My eBird list from enjoying Summit
Ledges this morning is below...

Hairy Woodpecker  1
Pileated Woodpecker  2
Northern Shrike  1
Common Raven  1
Black-capped Chickadee  5
Red-breasted Nuthatch  1
Snow Bunting  1
Red Crossbill  6
Common Redpoll  13

Below are some photos that I took this morning. Enjoy!

Black-capped Chickadee checking out the trail markers

Common Redpoll flock flying by

Pileated Woodpecker, being sneaky near the ground

Red Crossbill flock moving through

White-breasted Nuthatch

Good birding,
Erik Bruhnke
Duluth, MN

*NATURALLY AVIAN* - Guided Birdwatching Trips and Bird photography