Subject:Use of the listserv for personal debate
From:Sarah Glesner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 4 Nov 2011 17:31:13 -0500

Hello fellow bird enthusiasts,

I have often enjoyed posts from fellow birders regarding sightings,
insights into bird behavior, enthusiastic sharing of bird related
information, and the RBA postings that help all people interested in birds
increase their knowledge. I believe most of the people on this listserv
genuinely care about the well being of birds, and would not engage in
behavior that would harm the creatures we are all so passionate about. All
emotions aside, it seems to be a complete misuse of this communication
device as a personal soap box to repeatedly force opinions in the face of
other enthusiasts and birders. Bullying, insults, and aggressive responses
are immature and unnecessary. I applaud those folks on MOU that have tried
to keep all topics informative and discussion based, even when they are of
a contentious nature.

-Sarah Glesner
Duluth, MN