Subject:Daring (or not so much) CBC predictions
From:Carl Greiner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 5 Nov 2011 16:39:37 -0500

The great CBC Nostradamus boldly predicts:

-Warmer statewide temperatures and less snow than last year

-Lacrosse and Rochester will each have a Carolina Wren and a Warbler

-There will be a Scoter on the Mississippi River

-Harlequin Ducks in Hastings and on the North Shore

-A wolf will be seen in Beltrami State Forest

-Six species of gulls will be recorded

-Common Redpoll, Hoary Redpoll, Red-breasted Nuthatch, and Pine Siskins will
have a good year

-Crossbills not such a good year

-Duluth will have a rarity, my crystal ball is fuzzy but it could be a
Gray-crowned Rosy-finch

-I am seeing something special in Willmar.is it a Brown Thrasher.or a
Townsend's Solitaire

-Varied Thrushes..yes

--Mankato has an unexpected sparrow

--An Evening Grosbeak is found south of the cities

--An Eastern Bluebird is found north of the cities

--A Tufted Titmouse is found in the cities

Only 38 days until the Christmas Bird Count, Don't miss the fun!

For more information or to sign-up:

http://moumn.org/CBC/index.php

Carl Greiner

M.O.U CBC Coordinator