Subject:Re: The Red-Headed Woodpeckers of Nerstrand-Big Woods State Park
From:Steve Weston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 5 Nov 2011 23:54:01 -0500

Actually the largest concentration of Red-headed Woodpeckers in the
state is at Cedar Creek Natural History Area in northern Anoka County.   If
it the mast is plentiful (ie. if there is a good acorn crop) the
woodpeckers will overwinter.  I have not yet heard what to expect this
winter.  Usually, the Cedar Creek Bog Christmas Bird Count reports the
highest number of these guys in the state and probably in the northern US.

Steve Weston

On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 11:07 PM, Fr. Paul Kammen <fr.paul@delanocatholic.com

--
Steve Weston