Subject:[mou-net] Hennepin County - MSP Airport - Cargo Road - Snowy Owl - 12/30/2011 - with Photos
From:Robert Burmaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Dec 2011 14:00:41 -0700

Hi -
I live 5 minutes from MSP and have regularly been touring Cargo Road in hopes of spotting a Snowy Owl. My persistence (obsession) finally paid off today.
Snowy Owl spotted just south of the second tunnel entrance and just west of Cargo Road. First sitting on the taxiway adjacent to the North/South runway. He then jumped up to a taxiway sign. I watched it for about 20 minutes before a plane came through the taxiway and flushed it to another taxiway sign the west side of the runway. He probably would have sat where he was much longer if not for the plane that went by on the taxiway.
Here are a bunch of the best photos I caught.
Kindest regards,Bob Burmasterrburmaster@hotmail.comMinneapolis