Subject:[mou-net] Wabasha Co. Snowy Owl
From:Dave Bartkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 30 Dec 2011 17:40:33 -0700

Hi everyone,
  After participating in the Red Wing CBC today, we left Lake City and decided to head west through our section on a road we weren't able to cover earlier and we were rewarded with what is probably a juvenile male Snowy Owl. It was located along the south side of Wabasha CR 15 about a quarter mile east of where it intersects with CR 82. The bird was perched atop a telephone pole and seemed to be in good health. Interesting too was the Great-horned Owl atop another pole about 5-7 miles west of here in Goodhue County.

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault,MN