Subject:[mou-net] Snowy Owl in Washington County December 4
From:[log in to unmask]
Date:Sun, 4 Dec 2011 23:04:56 -0700

A Snowy Owl flew over 100th St. .8 mile West of Neal Av. in southern Washington County at 4:25 this afternoon.  It landed in the field South of the road, about 50-75 yards from the road.  I was able to observe the bird during the next 15 minutes as it looked around.  Of course I have no way of knowing if the bird is in distress or not.  Perhaps if others look for this bird they could be mindful of the shape its in and call the Raptor Center.

I also saw a flock of nine Lapland Longspurs West of Manning on 100th Av.

Linda Sparling