Subject:[mou-net] Polk County Snowy Owl
From:Sandy Aubol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 24 Dec 2011 13:36:02 -0700

Early this afternoon, my husband and I observed a juvenile Snowy Owl just on the eastern edge of East Grand Forks (Polk County), kitty-corner across Hwy 2 from American Crystal Sugar. It was perched on a small lift station.

Just north of the Crystal Sugar lagoons, a Bald Eagle was perched in a tree overlooking 25-30 jackrabbits. It then flew over the lagoons and stirred up several thousand Canada geese with what looked like a few Cackling geese mixed in.

We saw a Rough-legged Hawk about 14-15 miles east of East Grand Forks late this morning, at the intersection of 300th Ave SW and 150th St. SW.

An Eastern Towhee and 2 Harris's Sparrows continue to feed in my yard in East Grand Forks.

Sandy Aubol
East Grand Forks, MN
Polk County