Subject:[mou-net] Old Cedar Avenue - Glaucous Gull
From:Jesse Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 25 Dec 2011 09:22:20 -0700

Hey MN -

Yesterday some of my family and I took a short walk at Old Cedar Avenue in
the MN Valley Natl Wildlife Refuge at around 1:30 yesterday. It was very
quiet in terms of passerines, but there's a lead of open water which was
productive, visible from the boardwalk platform. There were about 75
Herring Gulls and a handful of Ring-billed Gulls, and a single 1st-cycle
Glaucous Gull on the ice. There were about 10 Trumpeter Swans, some Canada
Geese, and a few Common Mergansers, Goldeneye and Mallards. Further west in
the glare of the sun were many more waterfowl, probably also geese and
swans.

--
Jesse Ellis
Post-doctoral Researcher