Subject:[mou-net] Snowy Owl
From:Frank Gosiak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 2 Dec 2011 21:46:38 -0700

Located another Snowy Owl South of Holdingford in the North part of Stearns
County. The bird was severely weakened and died this afternoon. My guess it was
emaciated and I will try to get it from the farmer and turn it over to the D.N.R or
Holdingford School. It saddens me to see the birds in this state.  I did an article
for the Morrison County Record sending out a call to the public to report all
Snowy Owls so maybe a few can be helped. I listed a few bird rehabilitation
experts names for contact.  Its nice to see the birds but not like this. I think it
will take a while for them to rebound from this event. Probably have far less
reports for future years.  Frank Gosiak    Little Falls, Morrison County