Subject:[mou-net] Freeborn county snowy owl
From:Scott Mehus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 26 Dec 2011 16:00:25 -0700

On Christmas day I thought it would be nice to show my mother a snowy owl, and thought we would head up to Albert Lea to try and relocate the snowy owl by Love's Truck Stop that Al Batt had reported earlier in the week.  We had just gotten out of my hometown of Glenville along HWY 65 when we are able to spot a juvenile male snowy on a power line pole.  My mother and boys were able to get great looks at this snowy which was about 2 miles north of the town of Glenville.  We were unable to relocate the Truck Stop owl though.
Of the ten snowy owls that I have seen this winter, this was one of the darkest yet.

THANK YOU,
Scott A. Mehus
Education and Eagle Research Director
NATIONAL EAGLE CENTER