CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2012

From:
"Watkins, Simon C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2012 08:38:28 -0500

Hi all,  I realized when I send out the initial course announcement last November that I did not mention one of the new components of the course.  In the past we have had some material on super-resolution methods.  This year because of student interest, and the generosity of our industry colleagues we are beefing this up considerably.  Essentially we will have formal lectures and labs on the subject.  As far as instruments are concerned we will have a CW-STED system from Leica, Ground state depletion from Leica, and stochastic optical reconstruction microscopy from Nikon. SIM remains up in the air at the moment given the scarcity of demo systems and current complexity of setting them up.  If you are interested in specific applications send me an email soon (the course is filling nicely)  and I will send you more specifics.
The course web site is at http://www.mdibl.org/courses/Quantitative_Fluorescence_Microscopy/159/
Simon

Simon C. Watkins PhD
Professor, Cell Biology