CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

January 2012

From:
Johannes Amon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:00:57 -0600

Dear Peter,

right from the beginning we designed our iOS app so that every microscopist independently
of the system in his lab is able to use our spectra viewer and can configure all the filters and
presets tailored to his very own experimental setup. while Light Lab includes some ZEISS-
specific presets (and might include some more in future updates) this is completely for
convenience and as a service to users of our systems.

we encourage every microscopist to use Light Lab with his own system settings no matter
from which vendor your system or filters are. and if I might add, I really fought hard for the
free configuration options ^^

in 2012 we have some interesting new projects centered around George's database, so give
us a little time here. and please don't be afraid that we'd try to 'own' pubspectra: our main
interest lies in establishing a standard database source and format for the whole scientific
community together with you. we deeply respect the work George has put into pubspectra
and we value the 'open source' spirit behind it. a well-maintained standardized database
with an open file format (xml, anybody?) and an easy-to-use open source windows GUI
makes our work easier, it makes your work easier, and we don't care too much if it also
makes the work of our competitors' easier.

stay with us, and have a nice evening!