CONFOCALMICROSCOPY Archives

February 2012

From:
Andreas Bruckbauer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2012 09:12:38 -0500

I guess the sample is not only dead (in vacuum?) but also destroyed inthe imaging process. The only time we used a focussed ion beam was to drill small holes in metal with better than optical precision. A cool technique, but for my taste the paper could have some more information about how the sample is prepared and comparisson to other high resolution techhniques. What is an imersion objective in the cotext of ion beam microscopy?

best wishes

Andreas