Subject:Bog Birds
From:dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:15:05 -0600

Hi All--

In my blog, http://dantallmansbirdblog.blogspot.com , I have begun
reporting on our trip last weekend to Sax-Zim Bog.  Despite missing all
three of our target birds--the two owls and the Boreal Chickadee--we
enjoyed the birding.  Highlights include Pine and Evening grosbeaks,
redpolls, siskins, Gray Jays, a Golden Eagle, and Ruffed Grouse.  In other
words, mostly the usual suspects.  At Canal Park in Duluth we listed six
gull species: Ring-billed, Herring, Thayer's, Iceland, Great Black-backed,
and Glaucous.

Good birding.

dan

--
Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau