Subject:Kestrels and Horned Larks
From:Betsy Beneke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 16 Feb 2012 07:09:50 -0800

The last two afternoons on the way home from work, I've observed a few horned larks in Sherburne, Benton and Mille Lacs counties.  Last Saturday I saw 3 horned larks in two places in Stearns County.
Yesterday afternoon there were two American Kestrels along Hwy. 95 between the refuge turn-0ff (Mille Lacs CR 6), and Hwy 23 west of St. Cloud.  This morning there was a kestrel along Sherburne CR 62.  These are all new/first sightings for me since late fall.
Betsy Beneke
St. Cloud, MN