Subject:the PBS Nature show on the "Himalayas"-- link
From:G Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Feb 2012 23:14:10 -0600

Last Weds, I saw the "Himalayas" show on PBS.  'Nature' is no longer
repeated during the week, but you can watch full episodes on line.

If you didn't see this one, it included demoiselle, sarus, and black-necked
cranes.  It also flew with bar-headed geese crossing the Himalaya range-the
highest flying birds in the world.  It showed golden eagles predating
migrating demoiselle cranes.  There were other birds, flowers, monkeys, and
snow leopards.  amazing footage of a snow leopard chasing a wild goat down a
steep slope and the goat escaping by leaping into a rushing river.

The other large mammals were amazing--- takin, Tibetan fox, Tibetan brown
bear, wild ass, chiru, and some other antelope spp whose names I forgot.

It was beautiful from first to last frame.   I noticed there were 10
different filmmakers in the credits.  I don't know how many years it took to