Subject:WW Crossbills, Nobles County
From:Brian & Risa Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 19 Feb 2012 19:36:11 -0600

While birding in Nobles county earlier today, I found a flock of 15 White-winged Crossbills at Lake Bella County Park.  I first heard them call faintly a few times and then found them in some spruces near the northernmost of the two picnic shelters.  Watched them for several minutes before they flew off to the north.  There was also a Golden-crowned Kinglet here.

Brian Smith
Sleepy Eye