Subject:Birds and Beer in the news and live on March 05 at Riverplace Mpls
From:G Andersson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Feb 2012 21:24:57 -0600

Ornithophiles,

The last Birds and Beer was at Wilde Roast Café at Riverplace in Mpls.  I
think it was the 2nd biggest one.  The next one is also at :

Wilde Roast Café,  65 Main St SE (it is right on the Miss River, E side)

March 05, Monday

6:00 to 9:00 pm

If you are put off by the Beer part, no need.  I am somewhat abstemious
myself and so call it Birds and Beer, although officially it is Beers. :=>)
It is not about drinking, but about talking about birds, photography,
travel, the spring, your garden ---whatever conversation you make with those
you sit near.  OK it is usually birds and bird news and sharing info about
birds.  Sharon is both voluble and vivacious and keeps discussion going, at
least at her end of the table.  People are friendly.

There is no live music and Monday is burger night on the menu.  a good deal.

For you in St Paul, like me, there might be one of these in our town, but
until then meet some new people who like nature and the outdoors and you
don’t have to cross the river for this one.

The Wilde Roast website is easy to find and so is BirdChick’s blog with B &
B info.   .

There was also an article in the Pioneer Press about discussion groups in
bars.  B & B is featured about ˝ way down.

http://www.twincities.com/ci_19990364

Gordon Andersson

St Paul