Subject:another super Sax-Zim event
From:linda whyte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 20 Feb 2012 22:06:49 -0600

This past weekend we attended our 3rd Sax-Zim Festival, and enjoyed it
immensely. The organizers, workers, and volunteers deserve a big hand for
their efforts and for being flexible in the face of the unexpected. The
dinner speakers were very engaging. The raffle prizes  were numerous. Our
guides were energetic, persistent, and cheerful in the pursuit of species,
giving us good success. Here's a sample of the species our group enjoyed on
Saturday in the bog:

Ravens
Gray Jays
Black-billed Magpies
Great Gray Owl
Boreal Chickadee
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Black-backed Woodpecker
Common Redpolls
Pine Siskins
Pine Grosbeaks
White-winged Crossbills
N. Shrikes
Sharp-tailed Grouse
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Rough-legged Hawks
Bald Eagles
Golden Eagle-- a handsome juvenile
The souvenir CD that was given to each of us is a special treat, a
beautiful pictorial memento of the birds and the bog itself.  Thanks to all
who contributed to it and produced it.
Linda & Rob Whyte