From:dan&erika <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Feb 2012 07:43:33 -0600

Hi All--

Buoyed by our finding the Snowy Owl, and Erika and I suffering from colds
that leave us good for little but road-trips, we drove over and saw the
"Hastings" Varied Thrush on Sunday.  The bird was remarkably tame.  I sat
on the driveway and took my versions of this much-photographed individual.
 Two are posted on my blog:

I put "Hastings" in quotes.  I continue to enjoy using the Birdseye Bird
Log, the new Android app that marks your location and allows you to submit
eBird lists via your phone.  The point here is that the Varied Thrush is
not in Hastings, but south of there in Revenna Township, as per the Bird
Log and confirmed by my Delorme maps of Minnesota.

Dan or Erika Tallman
Northfield, Minnesota

".... the best shod travel with wet feet"
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes ...."--Thoreau