Subject:Owls and Creepers and Zombies (oh my)
From:Stefanie Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 2 Feb 2012 17:36:56 -0600

My friend Dave called me at 9:00 pm on Tuesday and demanded we look for the
winter carnival medallion.  Said he knew where it was.  Didnšt find it
although I believe we walked past it a few times. While waiting for the
final clue in Tony Schmidt park, we heard a Barred Owl calling though.
Highlight of the night.
A previous post made mention of Creepers.  These seem to be very numerous as
of late.  I find them reliably at the MN Valley NWR just east of the
headquarters if anyone is interested.
Finally, Išve been immersed in TPTšs Capture Minnesota and canšt help but
notice that birds are very popular.  This being the case, it seems odd that
the MOU is isnšt more popular and financially sound.  In my coffee-fueled
delirium while searching for the medallion it occurred to me that we need an
advertising campaign.  I suppose a Super Bowl spot is out but what about an
MTC bus?  I envision a procession of Zombies, carrying limbs and looking
un-kept as Zombies do.  But the last Zombie is tilting his head as if
listening to something.  He clutches a pair of binoculars.  The tag line
says Birding...a hobby to last a lifetime......or maybe a little longer.
Then the MOU web site is listed.  Everyone gets the MN volunteer; why not
the LOON?