Subject:Aitkin County on Tuesday
From:Warren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Feb 2012 16:11:51 -0600

I went out birding this afternoon. Although I couldn't find the Snowy
Owl that has been north of Aitkin near the junction of C.R.1 and C.R.22,
I did find a flock of 26 HORNED LARKS and a flock of at least 200 SNOW
BUNTINGS on C.R.1 about a half mile to the east of the junction of C.R.1
and C.R.22. There were also 2 ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS just past  the
buntings. I also had a flock of 14 TRUMPETER SWANSon the river with a
RED-TAILED HAWK sitting in a tree over them on C.R.12, about five miles
southeast of Aitkin. The COMMON REDPOLLS are everywhere in huge flocks.
I have over a hundred at my feeders and they have gone through over
eight pounds of thistle seed in just two days.Finally, a small flock of
CEDAR WAXWINGS just flew over my house.   Warren Nelson