Subject:Prairie chickens at the Agassiz Valley Impoundment - Polk County
From:Heidi Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:45:22 -0600

Late this afternoon I was driving south on 280th Ave southeast of Warren,
by the Agassiz Valley Flood Control impoundment and noticed what at first I
thought were Sharp-tailed Grouse in a tree.  I stopped.  I managed to one
photo before  they flew off.  When I got home and looked at the photo, I
realized that they were Prairie Chickens - up in a tree on a snowy day.

Heidi Hughes
Agassiz Audubon Society
27391  190th Street NW
Warren MN  56762

218.745.5663 <> <>

*Invest in our Community Nest Watch projects*