Subject:Prairie chickens at the Agassiz Valley Impoundment - Polk County
From:Heidi Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 21 Feb 2012 19:45:22 -0600

Late this afternoon I was driving south on 280th Ave southeast of Warren,
by the Agassiz Valley Flood Control impoundment and noticed what at first I
thought were Sharp-tailed Grouse in a tree.  I stopped.  I managed to one
photo before  they flew off.  When I got home and looked at the photo, I
realized that they were Prairie Chickens - up in a tree on a snowy day.

--
Heidi Hughes
Agassiz Audubon Society

218.745.5663

http://AgassizAudubon.blogspot.com <http://agassizaudubon.blogspot.com/>
http://OnLakeAgassiz.blogspot.com <http://onlakeagassiz.blogspot.com/>

*Invest in our Community Nest Watch projects*
http://givemn.razoo.com/story/Get-Swifts
http://givemn.razoo.com/story/Bluebirds
http://givemn.razoo.com/story/Purplemartins
http://givemn.razoo.com/story/Kestrel-Nest-Box-Project