Subject:Admiral Road feeders threatened?
From:sparky stensaas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 1 Feb 2012 17:55:46 +0000

Hi all,

I just got a call from Tim Torson, an Ohio birder, saying that the roadside clearing crew up on Admiral Road was fast approaching the famous feeders.

From the looks of what's been done further south on Admiral, the trees where the feeders hang will probably be cut down.

This is the St. Louis County Public Works 6th District so I have left messages with both the Cotton and Virginia offices (no answer at any posted phone numbers) emphasizing the importance of these feeders to birders, photographers, Friends of Sax-Zim Bog and the Toivola-Meadowlands Development Board's Sax-Zim Bog Winter Bird Festival.

THIS IS NOT THE MEADOWLANDS OFFICE'S AREA...I already talked with them and they told me to call the Cotton and Virginia office.

This would be very unfortunate as the site is quite scenic and famous across the country as the best place to find and photograph Boreal Chickadees...And the Sax-Zim Bog Winter Bird Festival is fast approaching.

If someone gets this email who happens to be up in the bog now, please head over there and see if the feeders can be saved.

Sparky Stensaas
2515 Garthus Road
Wrenshall, MN 55797
218.341.3350 cell