Subject:Great Horned Owls - Likely nest site - Hennepin County - Minnetonka - w/photos
From:Robert Burmaster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 1 Feb 2012 14:56:50 -0600

Hi -
On a tip from a co-worker, I located a Great Horned Owl sitting in the bowl at the top of a hollowed out dead tree. A pair of GHO's have nested at this exact spot on and off over the past several years. The dead tree is located just 30 feet from the road in woodsy area at the NW corner of Elmwood and Hillside in Minnetonka. I've tagged the exact location on the map in my eBird report submitted today. Since this is a likely nesting spot and is very close to the road, I advise approach with care.Photos here:http://www.flickr.com//photos/rburmaster/sets/72157629133121205/show/

Best regards,Bob BurmasterMinneapolis, MN