Subject:horned larks, lapland longspur -- where?
From:Jim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:08:37 -0600

A friend is coming from Washington DC this weekend for a meeting. He wants to go birding. I am the guide. He is an active birder who once lived in Wisconsin. His Minnesota list is marked already for most of the birds one would expect to see right now. High on his wish list are Horned Larks and Lapland Longspurs. Any suggestions of where we might look for those species within 50 miles of downtown St. Paul?

Thanks.

Jim Williams
Wayzata, Minnesota
http://www.startribune.com/lifestyle/homegarden/blogs/Wingnut.html