Subject:Kingfisher and Great Blue Herons at Kaposia Landing, Dakota Co
From:John Zakelj <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:43:39 -0600

Today was a fantastically beautiful day for a walk along the river.  The
sky was so blue that even the normally dull Mississippi reflected an
azure color (really!).  Previous posts by Brian Wisconsin and Jim Ryan
inspired me to visit Kaposia Landing, located along Concord St in South
St. Paul.  I was not able to find the pelicans, but I did find two great
blue herons.  Despite the sunny warmth, the herons stood still and
stolid and seemed cold.  As usual, there were also plenty of eagles
providing lots of action.  As I watched the eagles, I was surprised as a
kingfisher dove into the water with a splash.