Subject:Carver County
From:John Cyrus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 7 Feb 2012 19:23:31 +0000

While it was pretty quiet along the shore of Rapids Lake this morning,  I did relocate the Swamp Sparrow from last week.   I also found(relocated?) 3 Yellow-rumped Warbler.    These are likely some of those that I found last week.   They were feeding on winter buds of a Cottonwood.   Also near the lake was a Golden-crowned Kinglet.  He was in the same area where there were 2 in early January, so it could be a repeat winter resident.   With no snow covering the grassland nearby, a male Northern Harrier was hovering just above the ground in search of a meal.   He did dive onto the ground once, but he almost immediately returned to the air without a meal.