Subject:Sax-Zim Bog Winter Bird Festival - Inquiry
From:Michael Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Feb 2012 08:10:46 -0800

We have just enough leaders to help with the Sax-Zim Bog Winter
Hello:

We have just enough leaders to help with the Sax-Zim Bog Winter Bird Festival and would like to recruit some more leaders for this year.  You do not need to have vast knowledge of birds but just knowing the basic winter birds and is not afraid to lead birdwatchers.  We pay field trip leaders, free lodging, reimburse gas expenses and you get to attend the festival without any costs.  Next year Boreal Owls are due to irrupt and according to some raptor experts other owls typically irrupt as well when the Red-backed Vole population crash, such as Great Gray Owls and Northern Hawk Owls.  I am fairly certain next year the festival is going to be swamped and I would like to get as many people willing to help the festival out and lead some trips for us.  Starting this year will acquaint you to the festival and get to know the bog and the routes. I am looking for anyone who is interested in help us out. You do not have to be experience in leading field
 trips just some one who has the time to be part of the festival and also point out winter finches, raptors, owls and most of all is not afraid to lead or co-lead field trips

So if you are interested please reply back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
MikeHendricksonGuiding.com