Subject:[mou-net] No Snowy Owl, Dakota Co.
From:Jason Caddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sun, 5 Feb 2012 11:14:03 -0700

I went to look for the Snowy Owl reported on CR 42 west of Hastings without success. I arrived at around 7:15am as did one other birder. We combed the area near Idell Ave. and I found nothing of particular interest other than a large flock of American Tree Sparrows to the north. I'm not sure exactly where the owl was spotted before because Idell Ave. runs north/south so south of this avenue didn't make a lot of sense to me but the other birder said it was to the southwest of the Idell Ave./ CR 42 intersection. I also looked for the Northern Shrike reported on Jacob Ave. without success. Good Birding,     Jason Caddy     Minneapolis