Subject:[mou-net] American Three-toed Woodpecker Crow Wing County
From:Andrew Birch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 10 Feb 2012 07:29:23 -0700

The American Three-toed Woodpecker discovered by Herb Dingman was present
today between 2:00pm and 2:30pm in the location he previously described (in
the southeast corner of the intersection of CR1 and Low's Lake Rd about 2.3
miles fromthe Aitkin County line).  I also spent about two hours searching
for the Black-backed Woodpecker reported in this location and while I heard
several distinctive taps they all occurred on posted land and thus I was
unable to investigate to get a definitive ID.

I have uploaded an image on the MOU recently seen page -
http://moumn.org/cgi-bin/recent.pl  and I have also uploaded a video of the
bird flecking away at a tamarac on my blog -
http://blackwaterbirder.blogspot.com/

Good Birding,

Andrew Birch
Pequot Lakes, MN